Saturday 3 July 2010

My New Ravelry Group

Hi everyone, well i have been super busy with Project Carol... A huge thank you to everyone that has sent Granny squares or knitted squares to me.. I have edged most of the squares and have started to sew it together. It looks gorgeous.. Soon you will be able to see it...x
The response and the help that i have had to make this possible has been amazing and inspired me to start a Group on Ravelry.. Its called Lets Make A Gift Of A Healing Blanket  below is a brief discription of the group..
Members will be required to send in at least one 5 or 6” Granny or knitted square a month. You can send in more if you like. A healing blanket will be made from all of the squares that members send in and made with love. At least one blanket a month will be made and sent to a person who our group members feel needs it the most. Group members can nominate family members or friends who are ill or in need of healing. How special would it be to have a blanket made from all over the world…
the group can be found here if you would like to join...
http://www.ravelry.com/groups/lets-make-a-gift-of-a-healing-blanket  after 3 days i have 110 members so i am thrilled to bits the response has yet again overwhelmed me...
I will be posting pics of the squares that i recieve.... Please join and help us to help others... Channelle x

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful & thoughtful idea Chan! I am so glad that Carol's blanket is coming along so well. You should be receiving my squares any time now if you haven't already.

    Loads of love to you my friend,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anita, hope you are well my love, i will not complete the blanket until i recieve your squares i have left a section especially for them.... I can't wait unntil they arrive lol...
    Ty for your kind words,xx they group has really taken off..... talk soon.. God Bless, channelle

    ReplyDelete